Who's Who

I got to meet Matt Hamilton today. He has been working with OU for over 20 years! Mr. Hamilton works in the registrar office currently, but has worked in many other positions over the years. He has also worked at the Tulsa campus, as well as Norman. Mr. Hamilton was very personable and easy to talk to. We talked about how quickly the time flies during college. He told me to make the most of the time that I am here, because before I know it, it will be over... I also met many other administrators during our breakfast. I loved the idea of the breakfast and meeting different people who play such a large role in the university. They all had so much great advise to give. I think the few that stick out in my head the most are 1.smile 2.lead by example 3. Most of all, it is important to care about others, because they cannot care about us and help us if we do not appreciate and care for them. I loved the way this advise was worded. Its so true and reminded me of its importance. I think it is so hard to work with so many people if you don't know them on a personal level. Not only is it difficult but I think you miss out on some pretty terrific opportunities to build friendships. Knowing someone's name can make a world of difference. :) As for advise for upcoming freshman? Get involved as much as possible, because in doing so, you get the opportunity to meet soooo many incredible people. An opportunity you definately don't want to miss out on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment