Influences

Influences!? They can bring you to the top of the highest mountain or drag you through the dirtiest of roads. Either way, influences are here to stay.. When I think about influences in my life, I realize that I have been blessed by each and every one that has befriended me. Although not every influence is always a positive one, I definitely feel like each is presented to me as a lesson to grow from. I believe that every person I come into contact with influences me in some way, whether it's from a simple contagious smile to the grumpiest of moods. Each one will impact my life if only for a portion of each day; others will continue to impact me in a larger sense as I go on through this journey called life. Two very huge influences in my life thus far are my parents. They have influenced me in so many ways from their morals, passions, faith, and even their love language. These influences I consider my mold. They created a part of who I am today. I feel blessed for those influences and grateful to my parents in all they have shared. Now, here I am….a student at a university that seems to be as “giant” as they come. A whole new world of excitement, enthusiasm, with a tab bit of fear. Influences surround me with each turn. But I feel secure….safe….happy, and committed to my goals. My first influences of college were definitely my professors. First, unsure of what the college classroom would be like, it was the professors who influenced my first impressions of what I was getting ready to undertake. Some filling me with an excitement to learn and lead, while others may leave me feeling in a more casual mood. I have learned to take this and balance it and make it work for me. Lifestream church! Another positive experience thus far at OU. I love it. I imagine by just the four or five visits I’ve had that the pastor at this church prob. has made a huge impact on many people here. I expect it to be the same for me. For now….here I am….ready to go….and to meet each one with an open mind and a desire to learn.
Wow, …that was serious. Now off to watch some youtube to lighten the mood! :)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You are so right...influences are all around us. Good ones and not so good ones. Up to the individual to monitor the depth of influence. I am so proud of you for finding a church.

    ReplyDelete