Attitude

Attitude! It’s the one thing that can make or break you. It controls so much of our lives that sometimes we just don’t realize it. Being positive in our daily lives helps us to reach our goals and also to help others when we are in leadership positions. This is the beginning of success. When I begin to think about attitude and about beginning each task with optimism, someone comes to mind. This person makes sure before she even begins to start a project, that her attitude is one of a positive and optimistic spirit. I can remember coming to this person numerous times in a distraught manner and within minutes, she had turned my attention from a “problem” mind-set to a “challenge” way of thinking. This simultaneously made my whole situation better. She has played a huge role in my life, not only as a leader, but as a comforter, and best friend. I admire her attitude toward every situation, and hope to be as positive and optimistic about each and every situation that arises. By following my mother’s footsteps and mastering this skill, I believe I will grow as a leader, as a friend, and as an overall happy and healthy person.
To me, “Our Attitudes are Our Most Important Assets” is the absolute truth. Without a ready-to-accomplish attitude we sometimes find ourselves stuck in a place of procrastination and problematic thoughts and create a world that just simply is more of a challenge then otherwise would be. When we do not have a positive attitude, it makes it that much harder to look into our futures and know that whatever arises, we will, without a doubt, be able to overcome it.. In addition, by having an I-can attitude, we also find that one will LEAD BY EXAMPLE, which is, in my opinion, the most effective way of leading. In turn, everything points back to the attitude and mindset of the individual. Thus resulting in an environment and committee that is successful in its attempts to undertake whatever project may be at hand.
Attitude, our friend or foe? Definitely something we want on our team!

No comments:

Post a Comment